Bob and Judy Adkins will be honored for their service to the Historical Society of Hopkins County during an Open House set for November 23 Saturday at the Madisonville City Park from 1:00 – 3:30 pm with a tour of the Historical Society’s museum to follow from 3:30-4:30 pm. During Bob’s years as President and Judy’s term as Secretary many improvements to the museum have been made, contacts with state and area historical groups and museums expanded and support from city and county governments and local organizations increased. Please join us in paying tribute to their outstanding community efforts as their terms come to a close at the end of 2013.
Archive | November, 2013
The November 14 meeting of the Historical Society included election of the following officers for the coming year:
- President – Richard Cunningham
- Vice President & Program Chair – Randy Teague
- Secretary – Gina Munger
- Treasurer – Margie Bowman
- Board Members – Jimmy Harris, Joe Melton, and Leif Ratliff
- Board Members Emeritus – D.W. Dockrey and Bob Adkins
- Carl Veazey is the Hopkins County Historian which is a Hopkins County Fiscal Court appointed position and will not have to be elected.
- Officers will be installed at the December 12 joint meeting with the Genealogical Society of Hopkins County to be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 2355 North Main, Madisonville with potluck supper at 5:00, installation and guest speaker to follow supper.