The November 14 meeting of the Historical Society included election of the following officers for the coming year:
- President – Richard Cunningham
- Vice President & Program Chair – Randy Teague
- Secretary – Gina Munger
- Treasurer – Margie Bowman
- Board Members – Jimmy Harris, Joe Melton, and Leif Ratliff
- Board Members Emeritus – D.W. Dockrey and Bob Adkins
- Carl Veazey is the Hopkins County Historian which is a Hopkins County Fiscal Court appointed position and will not have to be elected.
- Officers will be installed at the December 12 joint meeting with the Genealogical Society of Hopkins County to be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 2355 North Main, Madisonville with potluck supper at 5:00, installation and guest speaker to follow supper.